We know that many people are affected by mental health: children, parents, siblings, communities, spouses and beyond. We also know there are unique topics surrounding mental health disorders that are often misunderstood.
Step Up For Mental Health was formed as a peer-to-peer mental health nonprofit that understands the complicated social, economic and ethical concerns that caring for someone with a mental health disorder can bring to a family. So how do we start supporting families?
Step Up For Mental Health’s Current Activities:
- Provide and assist with resources and educational services for families in need or in crisis through our Helpline.
- Provide educational outreach for children, teens and young adults in schools.
- Peer-to-peer mental health groups.
- Create partnerships with other mental health organizations with parallel goals.
- Provide grants for basic needs to families, such as educational needs or travel support for school or work.
In the Future:
- Mental Health Camp
- Plan social events for families living with mental health issues.
- Provide therapeutic art events for kids.
- Coordinate outreach on social issues related to mental health and race surrounding the African American community.
- Create partnerships and outreach with organizations regarding the epidemic of male suicide.
- Coordinate outreach on social issues surrounding the bi+ community.
This is just the beginning. With everyone’s help, we can make a difference by educating families about mental health and keeping our communities strong.