Education and Outreach:
Connect with our peer-led webinars and special online events created to help caregivers and family members discuss and support mental health-related topics.
Local and Online Peer-to-Peer Group Support
We’ve been where you are now — either as a person with a mental disorder or a short or long-term caregiver. If you need to talk and share your experiences with peers who understand your journey, join our eight-week program and be part of a collective group who will support and listen to you.
Our group meetups will deal with mental health topics including depression, suicide, self-care, mental health caregivers and daily issues we face. All group session are free from judgment, blame, and support, and are 100% confidential.
Our 4-week peer-to-peer sessions will address seven (7) topics in 2017-18:
- Schizophrenia Life – August 18, 25, – September 1, 8
- Children and Teen Bullying – October – November 2017
- Family Caregivers – February – March 2018
- Daily Mental Health – April – May 2018
- Minority Mental Health – June – July 2018
- Bi+ Life and Support – August – September 2018
- Depression and Family Life – October – November 2018
Please note, we are not a substitute for professional mental health support and assessment. We believe peer support can be of great benefit, moreover find others who understand the many issues surrounding mental health and its effect on families. If you are in crisis or need emergency care, call 911 or the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline – Call 800-273-TALK (8255) or Crisis Text Line. Text START to 741741 for free, 24/7 crisis support.