Gather all around Chicago and cities and join Step Up For Mental Health on our second annual Virtual Bike Ride. We are kicking off this event to raise funds for families with mental health related issues.
What is a Virtual Bike Ride?
One of the things we are conscious about is all types of people wanting to do good or join a cause, but for whatever reason, chronic health issues like Fibromyalgia, time, energy, etc can get in the way and stops us. We don’t want to have any barriers for anyone. Hence, why I want everyone to join us on a Virtual Bike Ride! What is it? It’s people, teams, individuals getting out there on your bike for families suffering from mental health and helping us raise a few bucks each mile you complete.
What are the Rules?
The rules are simple. You have any type of pedal bike (stationary works too), or if your city has bike sharing, grab it, and go out there during the week of September 9-17, 2017, and ride into the light of mental health.
If you have a family member who is dealing with a mental health disorder or someone you want to remember.
(Adrienne, Executive Director will be riding for her mom Alice in remembrance of her life and educating people about Schizophrenia and family caregivers).
Who Does this Benefit?
Well, everyone! We are all affected by mental health in big and small ways. But, let’s talk details – If you are someone or knows someone touched by mental health. Join us and enjoy the wind over your helmet, (safety first) and help us educate families on mental health. We are supporting families with small grants in need, assisting with our mentoring and tutoring programs for children in difficult homes and helping individuals up to three (3) months have access to therapy. The bike paths the limits!
How Do I Get Started?
- Signup and pay a fee of $30, $35 or $40 dollars.
- Pledge the amount you want to help raise ($100, $1,000, 5,000+)
- Join our mailing list so you can learn about fun adventures you might need to do on your ride. (Hint: Stop, near a park and take 5 minutes to meditate about a happy moment)
- Create a peer-to-peer Facebook page and ask your friends and family network to donate to help your pledge!
- Purchase our #StepUpForMentalHealth t-shirt on Represent to help the cause, (or get others to purchase) and wear it proud!
- During your ride, take a cool pix and post it on our social networks on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Google+ page with #StepUpForMentalHealth, #VirtualBikeRide and after the race you will get some cool swag for finishing the race and helping our cause!
How are you going to Step Up For Mental Health and ride for families and mental health? Leave a comment below or on our Facebook page!